By Sherri Blevins
Rainsville City Council met on Monday, March 18, 2019. A work session was held before the business meeting. Rainsville Mayor, Rodger Lingerfelt was unable to attend the meeting. All other councilmen were present.
After the meeting was called to order, the minutes from the previous meeting were approved. The council acted on the following items.
• Approved $285.00 payment to send Matt Crum to Revenue Class
• Approved the Close-out of the Sewer Debt Service Account with First Fidelity Bank
• Hired Sandy Little as Animal Control Officer at a rate of $12.14 per hour
• Approved the purchase of 20 tables at the Tom Bevill Enrichment Center for a cost of $2,300.00
• Agreed to a $500.00 sponsorship to MMA Fight for a June Show
• Approved Resolution 3-18-2019-A declaring a 2008 Fire Truck as Surplus
• Approved Resolution 3-18-2019-B declaring radios and exercise equipment at the Police Station as Surplus
• Accepted bids from Farmers Telephone Cooperative of $4,765.00 and $125.00 for security cameras at the Field of Dreams
• Approved a $500.00 sponsorship for Skills USA on April 15,16,17
• Authorized the mayor to spend $23,000.01 to purchase a radar system for the police station which will be reimbursed to the city in ten days through a grant
The council then agreed to pay the bills, and the meeting was adjourned.